"You can teach students one lesson a day; but if you can teach them to learn by creating curiosity, they will continue the learning process for as long as they live." ~ adapted from Clay P. Bedford

Monday, June 20, 2011

Podcasting and Video Editing

Someday I hope to keep up with this blog! I have so much to share that I'm overwhelmed. Just as a quick update, I've completed the required course work for the spring term, and a 5 week practicum (which was successful and I will be posting about it). I'm currently enrolled in a summer institute which focuses on new technologies and implementing them into the classroom. This institute condenses 4 term course into just one month! So far, so good though!

Over the past two weeks, we've been creating podcasts and a variety of videos.

PODCAST
I chose to create a podcast outlining my first thoughts about the Inquiry Project that we have to. Have a listen, and let me know what you think! Just to warn you it is definitely a little boring. As well, this is NOT the orignal podcast version - this is the version with photographs (hence the .m4v). Creating a podcast with photos was actually our first assignment in EDCI 487: Video to Empower.



VIDEOS
After the podcast assignment, we were given raw unedited clips of toy cars, falling dolls, and landscapes. The assignment was to take the footage and create a video. Here's what I came up with.



For our third and final assignment in the film class, we were given the opportunity to go through the whole process from start to finish. As a group, we filmed, edited, added sounds and voiceovers to create a parody of the wonderful cartoon, "Teen Girl Squad." 



Until next time,
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment